Not all moths are brown

......but some of the best ones are...

Poplar Hawk-moth (Laothoe populi) Male

Poplar Hawk-moth (Laothoe populi) Female

Moth trapping started of slow this year, but moving into May I have had had some lovely new moths. Most new for the garden too.

From Puss Moth to Green Silver-lines, which is a stunning green moth. Nature never stops being wonderful.


White Ermine (Spilosoma lubricipeda)

Puss Moth (Cerura vinula)

Small Magpie (Anania hortulata)
Ruby Tiger (Phragmatobia fuliginosa)
Green Silver-lines( Pseudoips prasinana)

Green Silver-lines (Pseudoips prasinana)

Brimstone Moth (Opisthograptis luteolata)
The Herald (Scoliopteryx libatrix)

Sallow Kitten (Furcula furcula)

Image result for 30 days wild
June was the start of 30 days wild, 

I went looking for Butterflies, at  


last year I went a lot but this was my first trip this year, I was not disappointed, 

The sun was shining and the first butterfly I spotted was a Painted Lady butterfly, 
 it must be years since I last saw one.
There were many Damselflies, and a stunning  green female Banded Demoiselle.
 Trees in full leaf made spotting any birds impossible no matter how hard the Chiffchaff sang.
Watched a Orange-tip fluttering about in the sunlight, think she was looking somewhere to lay her eggs.

I had a lovely morning and as part of my 30 days wild I made a butterfly book of all the butterflies I've ever seen.  

Wild Rose

Painted Lady

Ragged Robin

Azure Damselfly


Speckled Wood butterfly 


Orange-tip  Butterfly 

Banded Demoiselle
Marsh Orchid







Comments

  1. Finally managed to leave a comment - as I suspected the fault is here!!. Super blog post Amanda and I love the new look blog and header photo- you have been busy! :) Some great moths - you are having a good year - I particularly like the Green Silver Lines - never seen one here!

    Nature Reserve looks good with some great sightings and, as you know, I just adore your butterfly journal - a great idea and so much better than just making a list! A good start you have made too to #30DaysWild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, the new blog theme is through blogger they have some new bits on there to use, top photo one of there's, so fitting though.
      Thanks again for your lovely​ comments, hope to go to this reserve more as it's on the way to the 20p book shop :) throughout winter it's a very quiet but summer month it's a good spot for Butterflies.
      Amanda 🐰🐰

      Delete
  2. So many moths. I will have to try setting up a moth trap when I get home from my hols. Currently in Norfolk and enjoying seeing a few butterflies myself . I have seen some Painted Ladies too , small blue and I'm not sure If I have spotted Six spot Burnet Moths or Cinnebars. I will update my blog when I get back. Love your butterfly book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza, moths amaze me every time as some are so beautiful, not many people get to see them, do hope you get a trap set up. Look forward to seeing what you got up to on your holiday.
      Amanda 🐰🐰

      Delete
  3. Hello, wow what an awesome collection of moths. They are all beautiful in their own way. Lovely series of nature photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen, glad you like the moths...have a happy week.
      Amanda 🐰🐰

      Delete
  4. The moths are so beautiful, we have a lot of Brimstone Moths around the garden every evening at the moment. (erm there's a 20p bookshop!!?) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam..Brimstone , butterfly's of the night I think how they flutter about,.
      20 p book shop is in Otley, main Street next to the Yorkshire bank. I have had some good books from here ( don't take your dad, or you will have more books to sort out :) boxes and boxes of books to rummage through.
      Amanda 🐰🐰

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, that's a good description! Haha no I don't think that's a good idea, I still haven't finished what he has! I think i'll be making a visit though :) x

      Delete
    3. You could go to the coffee shop as well X

      Delete
    4. Good idea, I might try and get across at the weekend. x

      Delete
  5. Yes, the moths are beautiful and what a great 'wild' collection! Good you got out before all this rain arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, so exciting trapping moths as you never know what you are going to get.

      Delete
  6. Wow, love the new look to your blog.
    Also loved all your photographs, what a great selection for us, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I'm liking the new look to , just need some nice weather to get out and take some photos...

      Delete
  7. Super photos as always and I like the new look blog too. The green silver lines is so beautiful. I've only seen it once here. Nice to catch up with you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT for calling by, nice hearing the kind comments. Thought the other day were you trapping this year, will take a look.
      Amanda xx

      Delete

Post a Comment