Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Twelve Photos



The jump back in to blogging world has been a bit of a flop !!!!
I've been enjoying nature , just haven't got round to blogging about it....

One of the "jobs" I have been doing is up-dating all my records, this year I was a bit lazy about naming and recording my findings. So far I have managed 6 months of photos which gave me this idea to  chose 12 photos, one for every month that have been something you wish to remember from 2016.

I have had a lovely year , one of the highlights will be all the friends I have made at Denso nature reserve, becoming more involved  throughout the year, with more exciting thing happening next year.
Helping to run the Wild flower courses to becoming the Slug and  Snail lady !

January 2016
Was filled with many foggy frosty days with just a little snow.


February 2016 
Was a quiet month for photos, but plenty of this Heron who stayed on the pond at the Park for a week.




March 2016
March is my favourite month.
The first Hawthorn leaves.

April 2016
From snow to sunshine the insects were out this month.

May 2016
My first Puss Moth.

June 2016
A weeks holiday in Northumberland


July 2016
July was filled with wild flowers, Butterflies and Moths.


August 2016

Many visits from Hedgehogs.

September 2016
A week at Center Parcs with the family.


October 2016
Looking for Fungi got me back outside with my camera.



November 2016
Looking  under the  boards at  Denso Nature Reserve.

Have a go at trying to find just twelve photos for your year.

I have plenty new and exciting events coming up over the winter month into next year, so I would like to wish you all well, and HAPPY HUNTING..........

December 2016





24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, hope you are well...
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  2. Hello, wonderful series. Some of my favorites are the Heron, ladybug, Puffin, butterfly and Hedgehog. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, have a lovely holidays....
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous set of photos Amanda - you have had a great year! So good to read of Denso NR (a super discovery) with all the past events and look forward to hearing of more to come. So pleased you have hedgehogs :) The first photo is brilliant - so atmospheric and fitted in well with today's weather down here! :) Have a wonderful Christmas and a Very Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, it's quite nice going back through what I've done this year, but just as excited for a new year. 100% need to make sure I keep up with my records next year!!!! Happy Christmas to you to.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I am always in awe of your photos. The heron and puffin are fabulous. Glad to hear all is going well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT, keep up with the running..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  5. Fabulous to see your photographs ... and look back on the year.
    The months have certainly passed by so quickly.

    Wishing you the joys of this wonderful season.
    Happy Christmas and all good wishes for a Happy and Healthy 2017.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, looking back it only seems a shot while when we went to Northumberland , not way back in June !
      Wish you well and have a lovely Christmas..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful images. Love the hedgehog! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PP , wishing you all a Happy Christmas..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos. Nice Idea for Christmas.Make calanders with your gorgeous images for family and friends.:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza, had not thought of that, good idea. Will remember it for next year....
      Happy Christmas..xxx
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  8. Stunning images again, thank you for letting us see them. And - Hedgehog! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toffeeapple for the lovely comment, hope we have many more visits from the Hedgehogs next year.. Have a Lovely Christmas..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  9. All the best for Christmas and the New Year Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy wishing you well in the new year.....

      Delete
  10. A lovely catch up of all the highlights of your past year Amanda with so much to enjoy and admire, though my favourite is that wonderful Puss Moth, a species still missing from my garden list! I too have lacked consistency as regards my nature observations this year but your lovely blog has always been a source of inspiration for me so I thoroughly look forward to seeing what the rest of the year and 2017 have in store for you :-)

    All the best and have a most wonderful, happy and merry Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David for the lovely comment, glad to see you back posting, hope for many more records and photos next year. Have enjoyed catching up with your nature records too. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year...
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  11. Everyone of your photos are wonderful.
    I especially like the the first one. the hedgehog and the photo of your sweet dog.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Parsnip for stopping by and leaving a comment, please let me know if you manage to do twelve photos...
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  12. Wonderful photos - my fave is that first one, so moody! I'm so out of touch with blogging, my own as well as catching up with everyone else. When I do have a look at what everyone is up to, I get a bit more fired with enthusiasm - for taking photos too. But then the mood passes! Take care Amanda and have a lovely Xmas and New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete