Singing in the sunshine...



Gosh I have never done so many posts in one week....

It's either the new camera or the lovely sunshine we have been having, I even tidyed the garden this afternoon...

To days trip out was to Eccup Reservoir 
it's one of my favourite places to go, Saturday and Sunday can get very busy here as it's good for walking and cycling as it's part of the Dales Way, which leads through to Harewood House. They were running a  half marathon and most of the runners were on the path I usually walk. 

So I stayed to the back path to day and the wood, I will visit the lake another day.


Spotted this  Robin's pincushion gall Rose bedeguar gall

The rose bedeguar gall, Robin's pincushion gall, or moss gall develops as a chemically induced distortion of an unopened leaf axillary or terminal buds, mostly on field rose or dog rose shrubs. Wikipedia

This is the first time I have seen one, it's a bit shrivelled as it's winter, but now I now were to look next time I visit during the summer.

Chaffinch (28)

The hedges are a good place to see Tree Sparrows, sadly none seen to day but did see 
Chaffinch, Reed Bunting, Treecreeper and good numbers of Yellowhammers singing.


Yellowhammer (30)
Treecreeper (10)


Through the wooded area I could hear a Woodpecker, and Mistle Thrush, then you arrive at the first open field, around the field there are hedges and on one side there is another wood. Here above the trees Buzzards and Red Kites were calling and flying round. I was a long way off but managed to get a  (bad) shot of the Buzzard in the tree, this is were my new camera was lacking a bit in it's performance, as it was taking to long to focus and could not seem to get them in shot while they were flying.
Buzzard  (31)
A group of Horse riders disturbed a flock of Filedfare , there were a few Redwings mixed in with the flock, they looked small compared to a Fieldfare.

Fieldfare (32)


It was all happening in this field, next I notice a Hare on its way towards me, sadly bikes scared it off.





Then a Deer left the wood, but headed into the sun, no great photo, and I'm not sure what kind of Deer it is (can you help).

****ROE DEER*****
(LINK)
By now it was getting to busy with walkers, runners and mountain bikes, most not taking any note of me trying to take a photo !

But I had had a good morning and was happy with all the animals I had seen to day.

Back at the farm I watched a large flock of Lapwings flying round the field.





Lapwings (25)

HAPPY HUNTING
Amanda XXX



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful wildlife photos! We have tree creepers here, too--Brown Creepers (Certhia americana) is the species. They're so fun to watch hopping along the bark of the biggest trees. What a great time of year to try out that new camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PP, happy to see so many things to day, the sun and warmer weather had brought them out to feed I think.Have seen quite a few Tree creepers this week, lovely little bird.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  2. You've taken some pretty amazing photos. I've just been back through your post to find out what camera you have. I've always been amazed at Louise's photos - Ramblings of a Roachling Blog and knew she has a Nikon 520. My problem is that after reading all the reviews, which were more bad than good on the Nikon, I held off buying. Why bad reviews I wonder? You both are showing such good photos with these cameras it makes no sense and I'm re-thinking again now! I've never really been happy with my Canon Bridge, good for close ups for my shop and for some but landscape is very hit and miss. Perhaps its the user :) Anyway, amazing photos from you, whatever you are doing you are doing it well! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy, It's such a shame we cant' lend cameras to try, as for me It was a lot of money to spend on something you might not like, people are right it dose take time to get use to a new camera, so I am glad the shop did not take it back. If you went on reviews all the time you might not end up buying anything at all. You will have to pop back and I will be honest, so you can decide if you want to buy one.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  3. I'm really impressed with your new camera, particularly on the zoom shots. That's what I lack and I can understand the frustration of a camera which is slow to focus. You were lucky with the weather today - it's been grey and drizzly here. Love the photo of the yellowhammer - amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie, got shots I normaly would not have got with my old camera, so the zoom is great for that, still need to practice so I don't wobble so much !
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful place to see so much on one day - great pictures - I bet you are really chuffed with them. I know I would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, it's nice seeing so much wildlife in one place..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  6. Lots to see and beautiful weather to see it in!
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquie, the weather was wonderful, quite happy to have it like that rather than very hot..
      Amanda xxx

      Delete
  7. Looks a great place for a walk Amanda with a great variety of wildlife :) The photos are really very good again - you seem to be getting the hang your new camera really quickly :) It was a lovely day yesterday here too and today is the same - just been listening to a Great Spotted Woodpecker drumming somewhere nearby - Spring will soon be here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, I think it's one of the best places I regularly go to with such a mix of wildlife and wild plants, just wish I could get there more often.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  8. Really tremendous to see so many lapwing! And the yellow hammer and tree creeper- you clever thing, how did you manage to get such great shots of those two?! And then you saw a Hare! I would have been smiling for the rest of the day :o) Lovely, lovely post, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT, you would just love it here, Yellowhammers quite common here, and have got use to people and you can get quite close, Good for Hares as well.. Just a good all round place.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  9. Wonderful capture of the Yellowhammer and the tree creeper. I wish I could see some interesting species - though a Small Egret flew over us on the way home from the supermarket which was a nice surprise! Envious of the hares and deer. They are hunted so much here it's rare to see them now. Maybe one hare every 4 years and a couple of deer a year. :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, you got all those butterflies last year I was a little jealous off, and you have a lake in your garden ! Sad to hear they get hunted to much, everyone should get the chance to see one.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely shots. I love the Yellowhammer. How
    fantastic to get so close to a Hare, shame the bikes scared it off.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, lovely animal the Hare, wish they were a bit more common.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  11. Getting out and about with your camera and taking lots and lots of pictures is the best way to get to know it and it seems as though you are doing that in spectacular fashion!! These pictures are just wonderful and so beautiful!!! Long may your friendship with your camera continue!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy for the kind comments, I was lucky with the weather over the weekend, hope half term is sunny too, have a few days of.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  12. Thank you, Amanda, for your kind comment on my fox post. Your Treecreeper photo is brilliant - and the Yellowhammer, a bird I have not seen for ages. I have sometimes found those 'pincushions' - they are very strange, and take me back to an illustration in a book of 'Flower Fairies' I had when I was about six or seven! What a lovely part of the world you live in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, I am very lucky there are quite a few Yellowhammers here as others say they have not seen one for a while, loving seeing the Treecreepers, this one stopped long enough to take a photo.
      Amanda xx

      Delete

Post a Comment