New Camera ! Oodles of photos.....



I'm not one for spending money especially large amounts of money, but I have been looking at getting a new camera for some time now.

It needed to be another bridge camera just because of the range of photos I take , I usually have the dog with me so can't be messing about changing lenses.





A Nikon Coolpix 600 was bought, at first I did not like it at all, same camera  as mine but a newer 
version,with the most impressive zooooom .

In fact I tried taking it back to the shop on Monday, but they would not have it !!

So we had another go, changed all the settings and to day I am a little happier with it, I've had my old camera for six years now, so the new one will take a little time to get use to it.
The best thing about it is the zoom.


This set of trees are high up on the hills above were I live, I was stood on another hill three towns away !

From the second photo you can just see how far away they were.


Pretty darn cool..

The place were I'm stood is called the Billing above Rawdon .
There is a boating pond and I was hopping to find some birds on it, but it was all frozen over and not a bird in sight, but I did find a old tractor, and a box of bolts.





 I did manage to spot a Dunnock singing in the sun.



The camera has lots of fancy buttons to play with, 
I think fisheye will be the one to play round with..


The Billing is a lovely little place and will try and visit it again during the summer.


I came home and checked the photos, feeling a little happier, 

I really wanted to get a photo of some birds high up in a tree, so of I dragged the dog to the park, By now I had just about lost the use of both hand as it was sooo cold, but the sun was shining and I needed to find some birds...


Blue tit right at the top of a Alder tree.


Great tit


Another Blue tit having a splash in the pond.

Had a go with the macro settings, the screen flips out so it's easier  to see what you are doing, this will come in handy during the summer taking photos of insects and flowers.





So what do you think ? 

the few niggles are...
 it's a little slow in every thing it dose, the view finder is a bit pants and it crops the photos a little, time will tell....

I look forward to going to a nature reserve and trying it out there.

When I got home I noticed a bird (Gull?) has flown into the window...
can you see it..

Excuse the mucky windows !!!



Happy Hunting

Amanda XXX

Comments

  1. Great pics Amanda, I think you'll get the hang of it soon enough, most new buys are like that I think. The bird shadow on the window will be either a Collared Dove or a Woodpigeon. They have particularly dusty feathering that makes a good mark on glass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stewart, we do get both birds in most days, happened when I was out, must have made a loud band though..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  2. Liking that new camera, lady! I'm still getting used to mine which also has an impressive zoom although the macro setting is pants compared to the old one which is not good news for my moths :o( I love all your pictures- really crisp and clear. Wood pige flew into our window too last week- it left a perfect image of itself. Not hurt thank goodness xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT, I really did not like it at first, but feel a little happier to day. Hope the weather is good this weekend so I can see what it really can do..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are looking stunning - looks like you'll be soon glad you made the investment. It is a treat for me anyway, seeing the birds so close and also love the tractor shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, the tractor was a good find, I like old machinery...
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  4. I just have a point and click camera, my husband has the one full of whistles and bells, but I haven't got the patience to work everything out. You took some amazing shots - just think what you will be able to do when you have figured everything out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, both my cameras have been bridge cameras so you can just point and shoot, have it on manual most of the time. My son has tried to teach me how to use aperture and shutter speed, but I just don't get it....
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  5. Well you are doing something right because these photos all look amazing!!!! The zoom is incredible isn't it! Getting used to a new anything is tricky, but keep playing and you will figure it out very well because these initial pictures are wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, for the kind comments, was tempted to use my old camera to day, but stuck with the new one...it's been so cold it's hard to use the buttons, glad when it warms up a little.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  6. That zoom is impressive! I would like to own a better camera to take bird photos. Yours are wonderful. I have a pocket digital which is convenient for me when out walking, but I'm not very happy with what I want to achieve with it. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos as you get used to the different functions. Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That zoom is impressive! I would like to own a better camera to take bird photos. Yours are wonderful. I have a pocket digital which is convenient for me when out walking, but I'm not very happy with what I want to achieve with it. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos as you get used to the different functions. Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, watch this space, I will see how the zoom dose for catching birds, that was one of the main reasons for buying this camera...
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  8. It's much sharper than my superzoom bridge which is one thing that lets mine down. Mine is only 12 megapixels. So your bird photos are a lot better - though I suppose that depends how close you were to them. (Mine's OK if I am close enough!). Impressive zoom and all your photos look great. Have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, looking forward to getting out and about, I need time to enjoy using this new camera, most days it's a rush between shifts and taking the dog a walk..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  9. A wonderful selection of images Amanda - you have such a flair for photography and the new camera is producing some great results already. The zoom is really impressive and I love the tractor sequence of shots. Bird images are so crisp and clear too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, glad you like the Tractor photos, hope to go back when I have a little more time. I could get up to a lot with that zoom, under cover spy...watch people in the next village :)
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  10. What an amazing zoom....and I love that image, what a lovely village.

    The blue tit taking a splash is a fabulous shot.........

    I can see we are going to get some lovely images to view in your posts Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Cheryl, that's the good thing about the zoom, you can stand right back and the birds will get on with their day to day business, I think the Blue tit in the water was one of my favourite shots as well..
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well the scenes shots look very good Amanda with nice colouring. The Macro shots are really good as well. It takes time to get use to a new camera anyway, just a matter of learning all the settings etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look good to me! I'd like to buy the p600 for the extra zoom! I have the coolpix p520 at the moment and I've been very happy with it so I was thinking the p600 would be pretty much the same but with more zoom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, I do like the camera, the zoom is great , but a little tricky to hold still some times..
      Amanda xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts