I have the ability to make it rain...!

Trees,Treecreeper,100 photos and the odd spider...



Next Wednesday I'm of to have another operation on my right hand then my left, I suffer from  Carpal tunnel syndrome. This will be the fourth and fifth time I have had it done !

The weather has been so nice and I had planed to do a lot of walking, as you can't do much else. 
Try taking a photo with just your left hand, all the buttons are on the right side of the camera !!
and getting dressed is a art of it's own.

But now it looks like rain is on it's way for next week :(

So with the operation looming and a good few weeks of work I plan to catch up and sort out my photos, up date and rearrange my other blogs, Wild flowers and Hunting trees.
I have been taking lots of photos of the trees at the park and putting them on iSpot, turns out I have got most of the I.D wrong ! 


This little tree is called

Sawara Cypress (Chamaecyparis pisifera)

This tree was planted many years ago and has come all the way from  southern Japan, slow growing with soft foliage and smell's wonderful..


 I had to nip back and take another photo of this tree

Ashleaf Maple (Acer negundo) 

but all so called  
 Box elder, boxelder maple, Ash-leaved Maple, and maple ash 
OK, that's not confusing.....

In the end I did not take just one photo...
100 more later, here are a few things I saw.



I came across a family of Treecreepers, last recorded at the park by me three years ago, there was also a family of Nuthatch feeding on the Beech trees...



Common spangle galls (Neuroterus quercusbaccarum) and silk button spangle galls (Neuroterus numismalis) on the underside of an oak leaf. These galls are induced by the asexual generation of the wasps.


Currant gall induced by the sexual generation of a tiny wasp (Neuroterus quercusbaccarum), on the underside of an oak leaf.



Garden Cross Spider (Araneus diadematus) are just everywhere and there are some huge ones.


Opiliones  Harvestman 


Dicranopalpus female  spider

If you have time have a look at this lovely blog I have found through doing the Scavenger Photo hunt,
Life With The Crew 

She has done a lovely little post about Spider webs




 22-Spot Ladybird (Psyllobora vigintiduopunctata)



While recording this tree a Lawson Cypress (Chamaecyparis lawsoniana)


I found this Sheild bug instar Juniper Shieldbug (Cyphostethus tristriatus) , I need to confirm it on iSpot, if it is it will be another new find for the park...

If you are still with me I would like to show you just two more trees I discovered at the park next to Nunroyd Park, Kirk Lane Park. 
They were owned by the same family, a mill owner called Jonathan Peate.

Jonathan Peate had donated the land for the park in 1907, a hot air balloon (marked Bradford) was at the opening.


Mulberry Tree (Morus nigra)
Do you remember the song ? "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush"


And just behind the Mulberry tree was a English Walnut (Juglans regia),
have been going to this park for the last 20 yrs and this was the first time I really noticed it.....!


Happy Hunting

Amanda XXX



Comments

  1. Hi Amanda, you are in good company with some of the top Moto GP motorcycle riders with Carpel Tunnel. Some of them have to had it due to RSI due to leaning forward on the handlebars so much. Anyway hope it is successful and you get no more trouble with it. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well for you next week. Day to day living take on a new challenge when you've one hand out of action!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos. Some lovely trees. We had a walnut tree in our old garden- the nets stain your hands for days afterwards. Hope the op goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well with the operation next week. Wonderful photos - love the Mulberry Tree (they have a couple at Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens and the fruits are amazing :) ) The galls are really interesting too - I must look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, I too find plant Galls intresting and plan to study them more next year.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful collection of photos. I hope the operation goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some interesting nature finds to share Amanda! I love looking at galls, I think they are so fascinating. Thanks so much for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I hope to look at Galls more next year..
      Amanda

      Delete
  7. We have a tree creeper that visits our garden too. Hope your op goes well. Will be thinking of you!
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui, so pleased to see the Treecreepers after so long of a gap, just hope they stay around...lovely little bird.
      Amanda

      Delete
  8. Hope your operation goes well and you make a quick recovery. Love the treecreeper - there are some in the woods near us but it's hard to get a photo of them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, sweet little bird not often seen.
      Amanda

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the comment today, Amanda. Hope the op went well and your hand's on the mend. x

      Delete
  9. Some great shots here Amanda. I do hope the operation goes well and you manage to enjoy the sorting out of all your photos!! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel, I have books that need reading too
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  10. Thank you, Amanda, for your kind comments on my tree. It seems you have a whole park of trees at your fingertips, and have made some fascinating observations. I love the treecreepers - we used to see a lot in Wales, but rarely see them over here in the east. Your 22-spot ladybird photo is intriguing, and I'm sure would be appreciated by the ladybird counters. Meanwhile, all the best for your surgery: I've had major (and minor) surgery on my dominant (left) hand and know how frustrating it can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, have put ladybird on iSpot, think that is picked up by them. Opp went well bandaged up to my elbow.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  11. Some lovely photos here and really good luck with your op - hope it works this time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, all ways think of you when I find a spider :) high on pain drugs at the moment, Opp went well.
      Amanda

      Delete

Post a Comment