Monday, 20 October 2014

A place we can all meet.


It gave rain...
So set of early for a walk on a windy Sunday morning...I had nothing planed and was quite happy to observe things as I walked through the quiet streets.
It's Mushroom time again, and the damp warm weather has them popping up all over.

Mushrooms are another subject that are really hard to identify, have put this one one iSpot, but have not got anything back yet. Just from the photos you can see how different light changes the colour of the mushroom, and if you follow a mushrooms growing you will find how different it can look as it develops, these are just a few factors that make them hard to ID.





This is one of the yellow Hypholomas. Hypholoma fasciculare or possibly H. capnoides. They are very hard to ID, and must never be eaten even though some of Hypholomas can be..


The streets of Yeadon were quiet, but when I reached Yeadon Tarn it was full of life, despite the howling wind and the dark clouds.
From dog walkers , family's feeding  the ducks and joggers


The boat house was open and the old chaps had met up to sale their boats, taking and drinking coffee as they watched the boats sail.



The birds at the Tar are well fed, during the summer month  you can see whole slices of bread floating round,as they are over fed due to the number of visitors. There is large fish in the tarn, with many fishing competitions throughout the year. You often see them swimming on the top making use of all the bread.


we get good numbers of Swans, Canada geese, Tufted ducks, and Great crested grebe, which managed to bread here for the first time this year. I have recorded over 16 species of birds here in one day so far.



As I walked round every one said "Good morning", the dog owner new the names of each other's dogs. Noted a few dads with babies in prams, giving mum a rest.


Ducks feeding together..and Moorhens rock hopping.



Trees looking bleak in the dark light.


Gulls bracing the wind..Tufted duck having a rest.


I had a lovely time observing the people as much as the wild life, the car park was full the weather was crap but how nice it was to see everyone smiling, talking and enjoying their Sunday morning.

Happy Hunting

Amanda XXX



16 comments:

  1. Fungi are hard to ID, even with a book in hand! Sounds like a nice, peaceful Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT, have tried ID from the book but they all look the same to me...
      Amanda

      Delete
  2. Lovely toadstool photos Amanda :) I agree with CT fungi are real id nightmares. Good idea re: using i-spot for help though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, they are not sure on iSpot too, I don't like damaging them to get a good photo of the spores, which helps with ID. So I am happy just taking their photo...
      Amanda

      Delete
  3. Hi Amanda - Hope your hand/wrist is getting a lot better - it must be now you are taking photos again. Thanks for the mention in the previous post and I loved all the ladybirds and autumn colours in that one. I have no idea about fungi ID at all and don't even try...... :-)

    The moorhen photo is fantastic and I love the ducks doing the bottoms up. The new layout of your blog looks good too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, it's nice to see you blogging, you are part of the team that holds us all together. I had a lovely time watching people. Fungi are hard to ID but they take a good photo.
      Amanda

      Delete
  4. What a great place to visit! It is amazing how mushrooms change as they develop isn't it. Last year I followed some that were growing in our garden and photographed them at different stages, I don't think that you would have realised they were the same ones if you hadn't know as they were so different from when they started to when they were finished! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, you are so right about how much they change, if you get some more it would be a good post to see them growing.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  5. I bought a guide to fungi and still can't identify them! Doesn't stop me enjoying all your lovely photos of them though. I love how you go around documenting your local area. I was really excited to see a heron down at our lake this morning - first time I've seen one there though they probably visit regularly. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julie, I love were I live, every day still surprises me. Herons are a great bird so prehistoric looking, the most I have seen in one go was ten lined up round a lake at Eccup.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last image is just brilliant Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, I glad you liked it.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  8. What a creative and lovely set of photos! I feel like I was there. I appreciate anyone who appreciates mushrooms! I've been collecting photos of strange ones for years. I have several friends who are mushroom experts so they're helping me to ID them. It's so fun to see new ones that I've never seen before. Your photography is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, I love looking at Mushrooms and were they live, they take a good photo but very hard to ID.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Annie, that is a real compliment coming from you as I have always been impressed with your blog and its images, so thank you..
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete