Up close and personal


Nikon COOLPIX P510 16.1 MP Digital Camera - Black.  Bridge camera.
(LINK)

I have been asked on many occasions what camera and kit I use. Well it would be nice to have some fancy gear but to be honest I would not have the patience to set it up and carry it all round with me. Most of the time I have the dog with me and take my photos using one hand while holding the lead in the other..
I have also tried using all the buttons this camera offers, but then I forget to change the settings for different conditions and photos. So I just use manual and macro all the time, the photos come out good enough and I don't think I could do any better messing about with exposure etc....

The thing I like to do is "Think out side the box" when taking my photos, 

From putting my camera on the ground, under a plant, or shooting the sky..
That's the beauty of  digital cameras you can take as many photos as you want.

With this post in mind I took my camera to the park, it was sunny which helps if the light is good, 
and just photographed what I could find. I tried to find patterns and shapes from nature as my inspiration.
Hope you like this set of images, I just wanted to show any one can take a photo with a little imagination and a camera.






























Happy Hunting 

Amanda XXX


Comments

  1. I always enjoy your photographs- you have a real eye for composition and it shows. A lovely set :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are always great. I always thought you must have a super fancy camera!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great macros and some brilliant artistic images Amanda.
    Just goes to show its the person using the camera rather than the camera.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures you take and I must say they have really improved (quality wise, not composition etc!) since I got my huge Mac screen! Mine have too, lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take great pictures!! No need for any fancy kit when they are this good already I say. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An inspiration Amanda...I must do better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful set of photos Amanda - truly inspirational. You really do have an eye for composition :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very big thank you to you all for all your kind word on this post......XXXX
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same camera, but the P520 version (probably not much of a difference between them) and I love it as it take really good photos and doesn't require me to carry anything but the camera (and spare batteries as I take too many photos!). I'm a lazy photographer too as I can't be bothered with carrying kit and I hate having to swap lenses as I miss things when that's the case - that faraway bird will have flown off by the time I put the zooms lens on and the lovely light on the landscape will have gone by the time I've swapped back! That said, I have been on some courses so I every so often I go through a phase of using the DSLR so I don't forget everything I've learned over the years and it does take better photos than the p520 in some ways (though I always take that one too, just in case). It's the photographs in your blog that appealed to me as I thought it was a blog a little like mine - full of nature photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cracking cameras, but would love a macro camera... I could talk the hind leg of a Donkey but not very good at putting words down on paper..... But love taking photos so blogging with photos works for me..
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amanda, I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words. I see you as one of my blogging friends too so the offer of support is mutual.

    Gorgeous photos as always. I love the colour and texture you always manage to achieve. I often think about buying a similar camera but I like just being able to put my compact camera in my pocket so will probably stick to that for a while even if I do get frustrated with its limitations. I took my last photo for the scavenger hunt yesterday. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, got a few days left only have four and I'm struggling to find a conection to nature with the words this month!!

      Delete
  12. I love your images Amanda.....always find them interesting, beautiful, thought provoking.

    BTW that post was so good to read, I use my camera in the same way most of the time.....................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, for your kind words.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  13. The wonders of digital ... great post :) And been there done that re. the dog lead thing although with five dogs it doesn't really work for me any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, five dogs !,! Thing is I don't seem to spot anything if the dogs not with me :) he's very good at waiting.
      Amanda xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts