Amongst the Bracken looking for pink.....


Friday we had a break in the weather, needing some fresh air and space I headed to the hills.

I can see Baildon Moor from my house, at the bottom of the garden you can just see it through the gap in the houses. 
I imagine the sea is just on the other side...
To the right of us I use the hill as a weather gage, if I can see them the washing goes out, if I can't see them , then I know it's going to rain...     


I hadn't gone to look for anything particular but just to enjoy the colour of the Heather was enough..


and the open sky..


Baildon golf course weaves it 's way through the moor..


The moor is matted with Bracken so I was surprised to find some (new to me) wild flowers.





This is a large plant with lovely pink flowers..
Then I looked round this one open spot to see what else there was that was pink....


Many rushes in the boggy areas, I hope to learn more about these  next year..
 This is were I spotted another new plant growing .


And many Grasses to learn about..





In the distance you can see the hills are covered in Heather which is flowering at the moment, here along the edge of the golf course were patches of bright pink Heather....





I could sit amongst the Heather all day..


There are many paths and places to walk, on the way back to the car I followed the stream which was full of  Round-leaved Mint or Apple Mint  (same plant)





 There is a stream under this lot somewhere...


It's nice spending time amongst the Bracken looking for pink...


Happy Hunting
Amanda xxx

Comments

  1. Lovely pink and lovely scenic shots Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, lovely wide open spaces are my faviouret places to photograph...
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  2. Your photos are really lovely and you've made me wonder whether the plantain I'd put down here as hoary is actually greater, so I will check that out, thanks! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moors look so beautiful from afar with the heather flowering! And close up too. Lovely shots of your beautiful (pink) landscape. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, I love that I can see the moors from my garden, even though I live on the edge of a town.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  4. Good Morning Amanda,
    Another beautiful walk you have taken us on. I love heather. To see it en masse in the wild is stunning.
    I remember many years ago a holiday in Scotland, walking through the heather.

    Hemp Agrimony and Rosebay willowherb are just two of my favourite wildflowers.

    Raining here,hope the weather is better with you.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, it's the first time I have seen Hemp, stunning flower and quite large large....
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely post and photos - the heather is looking just stunning :) Its great to see all the pink flowers you found on your walk - it looks such an interesting area to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, I love the moors and all the pink, pink girl at heart...
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous views. I saw lots of heather yesterday and the colour is just lovely. You always seem to find so much on your walks - you're very observant. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, the heather is such a beautiful colour at the moment, hadn't gone to look for anything special so I too was surprised with some of the flowers I found..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to pop over and say how much your comment on my Blackpool post made me laugh! Blackpool does bring out passionate emotions - good and bad!! Hope you've managed to find all the scavenger hunt photos now - I have one for each category and that's as much as I can say! x

      Delete
    3. Thanks Julie, I can still remember every bit of that trip in detail...( shudder...)
      I have three photos still to get... time is running out... Haaaaaaaaaaaa
      Amanda xxx

      Delete
  7. Lovely shots....makes me yearn to walk there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks John, it is a lovely place to walk...
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what great views! Must have been wonderful sensory experience (I'm just imagining the lovely flowering scents)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Kif, you are very kind with your words, the Apple mint smelt wonderful....
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts