Gone Butterfly hunting, first Mayfly and some flowers..

Set of bright and early in the warm sunshine, 
I was on my way to Eccup
hunting Butterflies.

Great Mullein

First of all I came across this Great Mullein, it was  on the road side amongst the Foxgloves.
A new wild flower for me.

Yellowhammer

Eccup is mainly arable farm land with plenty of hedges, so the Yellowhammer dose well here.

Following the path through the fields is a perfect habitat for Speckled Wood,
 shade from the trees and wild flowers in the grass verge, there was good numbers here.

Speckled Wood 


Along the path through the over growing Hawthorn trees, 
more Honeysuckle to be found, a beautiful yellow.
Into open fields full of drying Rapeseed.


Here amongst the wild life margins was a Ringlet, a great specimen. 

Ringlet
 
Scented Mayweed

All the fields in this area have wildlife margins 







  Full of many wild flowers, the Hares and Pheasants can be found feeding here.
This is one of my favourite spots to stop  and take in the view,   








Red Admiral


After coming such a long way this Red Admiral was looking a bit worn, but still lovely to see.




Plenty of Yellow flowers from the Daisy family were out, last year I found these family of flowers very hard to I.D as there are so many that look similar, it's on my list to sort out and name.


I made it all the way round and now I was on my way to the reservoir, this can be a great place for water birds, but it is a bit hit and miss.
Today I found Yorkshire Water were doing some work on the bridge, they have lowered the water showing parts of the reservoir I have not seen before.



There was not many birds just a few Heron and Tufted Duck.

On the wall that runs along the bridge I spotted my first Mayfly.




At the far end of the wall there is a banking covered in Wild flowers, here was large numbers of 
Ringlet, not one staying still enough to take a photo, by now it was getting far to hot and I had over a mile to walk back to the car. 
Just enough time to look at the houses on the end which is were I would loooove to live..





This is one house ! anyone got a few million spare :)

Happy Hunting
Amanda xx 

Comments

  1. You've beaten me to the Ringlet, but I'm ahead with the mayfly, who were out here a couple of weeks back :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT, very good numbers of Ringlet, forgot to say I had gone looking for a Gatekeeper Buterfly, which I have seen here befor,but the sun got the better of me had to come home...
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos Amanda and what a wonderful walk :) So good to see the wildlife margins too. Plenty of Speckled Woods and Ringlets here too but I haven't seen any mayflies yet. I like your choice of house and location :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, it's a realy lovely place not over used. The wildlife margins are very good every fied has two or three..mayflies are odd insects never looked at one realy before. The house is big enough to share, have you got a spare million ?

      Delete
  3. How fabulous! You do live in a beautiful spot. And no, you don't want that house, think of all the window cleaning. ;-)

    I've never seen a Ringlet so nice to see it via your photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, if I could afford to live here I would pay someone to clean them ! The house over looks the water, it's such a beautiful place...Can dream..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures, wonderful walk.
    I particularly like your use of sky in the images!
    I haven't seen a yellowhammer since I was a child, and even then I'm not sure if I really saw it in the back garden or on the front of a children's bird book.
    It's good to see there are still plenty of insects around, if you walk quietly...
    All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, this is one of my favourite walks even in winter, I can get round without seeing a soul sometimes.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts