Weekend at Robin hood bay

 Spent a lovely few days at Robin hood bay, visiting Whitby, Sandsend and Runswick bay.

Victoria Hotel.
Beach

BIRDS
Herring Gull

Knot

Oystercatcher 

Curlew


Pipit
Fulmar
Redshank
Turnstone
Herring Gull

Flowers




SEA LIFE


Kelp

Common Limpet (Patella vulgate )


Ulva Species (Green Species )

Fossil


Corallina species (Red Seaweed )

Sea anemone


Sea anemone

Common Limpet (Patella vulgate


Bladder wrack,( Fucus vesiculosus)



Green Seaweed on harbour wall.


Whitby

Sandsend

Runswick bay

Comments

  1. Super sea anemone picture. Robin Hoods Bay is one of my favourite places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this was the only one I found open in a little rock pool..

      Delete
  2. Although I've never been to this area I hope to do so one day, so I loved seeing all your wonderful photos. The Turnstone is photo is terrific, and the sea life photos are fascinating. I wish I knew more about seashore plants and fossils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, you must put this area on your list to visit..

      Delete
  3. What a great photographic memory of your trip.
    thanks for sharing.
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interesting things to see and shoot Amanda. Thats a great shot overlooking Whitby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, had a little play with that one on G+...turned out alright.

      Delete
  5. Lovely set of photos and looks like a fantastic few days with lots of interesting things to see. The 'not sure little bird' might be a Redshank. I'm pretty hopeless with waders but I do remember they have red legs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mandy, I think the bird is a Redshank, just wanted to make sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts