Rombald's Moor

Sunday was windy and dark...

so what has a girl to do but take a walk up on the Moor.




Rombalds Moor

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rombalds Moor like this:
ROMBALDS-MOOR, a long broad-based eminence in W. R. Yorkshire; between the rivers Wharfe and Aire, from the vicinity of Skipton south-eastward to the vicinity of Guiseley. It overlooks Ilkley on the Wharfe and Keighley near the Aire; commands fine views of Wharfedale and Airedale; and is crowned with some Druidicalstones.
Started from Bingley Rd




Looking for birds,Moss,Lichen and Fungi. It was so windy the hope of finding any birds was slim.

LICHEN




MOSS




On the top looking down towards Otley


There is a shooting range




FUNGI




There was many Grouse flying round.......




Very hard to spot in the heather....

Comments

  1. Goodness Amanda, I thought we were going to get a verse from Heathcliff then or something like that.
    The Grouse shots are amazing.
    The range looks a bit disused, those target pulleys look somewhat rusty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought did cross my mind as it is one of my favourite films....the range is used, they have just done the building up at the end.

      Delete
  2. Hello Amanda, this looks like a wonderful walk on the moor with some impressive views. Terrific sightings and photos of the Grouse and your border terrier is gorgeous (my favourite dog - I have one too). A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, have poped over to your blog and left a note...

      Delete
  3. Lichen, moss and fungi all in one post... three things I used to spend ages photographing in close up they are so beautiful aren't they... Off to nose around your blog... Smiles Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving a comment, glad i am not the only one that likes these things.... love looking closely at nature..you can still find lots of colour even on the dullest days.
      Popped over to you and left a comment..

      Delete
  4. wonderful photos ,I loved walking with you thank you for sharing.I live in London and have to go very far to enjoy your wonderful views so thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wish I could get out more but when I do you are welcome to follow me on my journey....

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photographs, wonderfully atmospheric, glad I'm not the only person who is happy taking photographs of close ups of bark and textures instead of people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I love taking close up photos and love to find patterns were people don't always look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful little mushrooms. Something I don't see much of where I live. Beautiful country too.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Danielle, first year I have looked for mushrooms, did not relies there was so many about...the more you look the more you find.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment